Grace Abounds

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work... 2 Corinthians 9:8

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I was thinking about how we say, “God is good” whenever good comes our way. I was reflecting on scripture that tells us to be thankful for everything including our trials. I thought about it some more and started saying ‘thank you” for my troubles/trials. Misbehaving children…bad attitudes…my inability to control everything J…. I asked myself if I was really thankful for those things. Not really, but I do want to be obedient to my Savior. I realized I was thinking about how God says He uses everything for good in our lives (to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose). I was being thankful for what God was going to do, the good He is going to bring about from this situation or event, not what was happening right now. I have a ways to go in being thankful for the not-so-good things. I am able to be thankful for what God will do with it, and what He will bring about as a result of it. Interesting perspective.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Ashleigh Baker said…

    Yay!! My Auntie has a blog! :D Keep posting! :)

    Very good thoughts. It is so much easier to be thankful when things are easy... not so much during the hard times. Thank you!

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Mishel said…

    Great thoughts. Being thankful for the good things that happen is so easy...being thankful for the hard things and trials, is a whole different story. I like what you said about "being thankful for what God will do with it (the trial) and what He will bring about as a result of it."

    I love you my dear friend!! (((hugs)))

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Ashleigh Baker said…

    Hey you... we want more posts!! :D

    Do you want to email me your "stuff" (temporary username and password) and the links, etc. and I can add them in, if you want. Let me know anything else you want... love you oodles!!!

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Mishel said…

    Calling Cordelia...wondering WHERE she is!!

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Ashleigh Baker said…

    Hiya again... hope you get this! If you do, email me at heartandhome (at) livejournal (dot) com. I'll get it and be able to email you back from my real email. We'll get you back on here! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home